- To get to know an assigned guest and ensure they have freedom of choice during their stay.
- Be an advocate for an assigned guest and assist them to be fully engaged in the Breakaway experience. Ensure your assigned guest is treated with respect, safe and is always well cared for.
- Encourage an assigned guest to be as independent as possible during their stay.
- Ensure your assigned camper has access to any assistive technologies required during their stay (e.g. wheelchairs, walking frames, hoists etc).
- Collaborate and communicate with other carers and clinical staff.
- Ensure that all carers have a good understanding of the needs of your assigned guest.
- To assist guests with activities of daily living including dressing, showering, meals and participate in all activities in accordance with their preferences.
- Report any concerns to the Camp Coordinator.
Compassionate and caring. Able to develop rapport with others. Willing to learn and work as part of a team. A good communicator.
Regular – more than 3 months
Various dates throughout the year. Times as per staff roster and mutually agreed by volunteer. You can assist for 1 shift, 1 day or for as many days as you wish. We have live in programs (camps) from 2-5 days and provide day programs. We cater for all ages.
No Age Range: 18 to 65 (if younger than 18 contact us directly)
Bus options available but limited. Own transport preferred parking is available on-site.